The Pest Management Association of New Zealand (PMANZ) is a trade association run by pest managers for pest managers.
This Privacy Notice:
- outlines our commitment to protecting your personal information and to reassure you about how we handle this information. We respect and value the information provided to us and we will only use personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- applies to personal information we collect, hold and use about you as individuals and your companies, when we carry out PMANZ activities, such as when you apply for membership, visit our website or other digital platforms, complete any surveys or communicate or interact with us.
- will be posted on pmanz.nz. where updates will also be posted when they occur.
Personal information we collect: This information is required to carry out our association activities. Information we collect includes name, address, email, phone number, photo and any other information that you provide to us during our interactions.
Primarily, we collect personal information directly from you. For example:
- the information you supply when enquiring about or applying for membership, when you interact with us via, phone, email, mail, website, complete any surveys or when you attend an event sponsored by PMANZ including, but not limited to, Biennial Conferences and intervening roadshows or training sessions.
- when you engage with us on social media (such as via Facebook or Linkedin).
- when visiting our website we may collect the following information: the IP address, domain name, the date, time and duration of visits, the pages and documents accessed, the previous site accessed (i.e. the referring URL), the type of browser being used.
- if there is an incident/accident while visiting a PMANZ-sponsored event, we may ask you to complete a Health and Safety form.
We may also collect personal information from third parties such as other industry participants and the Police to support the purpose and code of ethics of PMANZ and to prevent and detect crime.
Use of information: We primarily collect personal information to support the purpose and code of ethics of the Association as set out in the Constitution. This includes, but is not limited to, the publication of member contact details to the public. In addition we collect personal information to:
- improve your experience with us, such as when you are online or otherwise interacting with us.
- communicate with you and answer any questions or provide information or advice.
- carry out surveys and research analysis.
- undertake our accounting, administrative and operational functions.
- comply with laws or regulations or any directions given by regulators or authorities.
- investigate a breach of any of our Constitution or any suspected unlawful activity.
We will also use your personal information for any purpose permitted by the Privacy Act or required by any other law. If we are unable to collect personal information, we may not be able to carry out the specific activity or task, such as provide the services as requested.
Sharing your personal information: We may disclose your personal information to undertake any of the purposes set out above, or where permitted or required by law or as otherwise detailed in this Privacy Notice. Recipients of your personal information may include:
Our Council members, employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary for them to carry out their duties. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, research agencies, lawyers and business advisors.
Any person to whom we are required or permitted by law to disclose information, for example: the police, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within New Zealand in connection with law enforcement activities and emergency services.
We require any third party to protect personal information against any unauthorised use, access or disclosure in accordance with the Privacy Act.
How we hold personal information: PMANZ may hold your personal information both electronically and as hard copy. When we receive information electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions. Information received in hard copy is usually scanned to our electronic files.
We use third-party service providers to store your personal information and provide services and so, may transfer personal information to, or access it from, countries other than New Zealand.
We are accountable for your personal information wherever it is held and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that our third-party service providers meet our privacy and security expectations.
We retain your information for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes of collection, or longer if we are required to by law.
We hold membership information within our systems (but, not publicly available) for a period of five years following the last year in which the member was active.
Security: We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect all personal information. This includes taking reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or unauthorised disclosure.
Wherever your personal information is stored, we take reasonable steps to ensure that it is protected against loss or unauthorised access, modification, use or disclosure. For example, through the use of firewalls and passwords.
Links to other websites and services: The PMANZ website may contain links to other sites which we do not administer or govern. We are not responsible for the content of these websites or how your personal information will be handled and are not liable in respect of any use of these linked websites.
Accessing and correcting your personal information: Please contact us (as below) if you would like access to the personal information we may hold about you or to update or correct it.
We will handle any request in accordance with the relevant privacy regulations. Generally, if requested we will amend any personal information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If we are not able or unwilling to provide access to any personal information or to correct any personal information held by us, we will provide reasons for declining to do so.
Enquiries regarding personal information can be directed to the PMANZ Privacy Officer at: email@example.com or on 0800 476 269.
Privacy Complaints: If you are concerned that we may have breached our privacy obligations or to make a complaint please contact us. We will endeavour to respond and resolve any complaints promptly. if your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.org.nz and on (04) 474 7590.